PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A TOWN OF OYSTER BAY FACILITY, WE EXPECT ALL PARTICIPANTS AND GUEST TO CONDUCT THEMSELVES IN A MANNER THAT REFLECTS OUR PAL ETHICS POLICY.
CODE OF ETHICS FOR PARTICIPANTS:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship from my fellow participants at every game and practice by demonstrating good sportsmanship
- I will attend every practice and game that I can and will notify my coaches if I cannot.
- I will do my best to listen and learn from coaches.
- I will treat my coaches, other players, officials and fans with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or abilities and I expect to be treated accordingly.
- I deserve to have fun during my P.A.L. experience and I will tell my parents or coaches if it stops being fun.
- I will encourage my parents to be involved with my activity in some capacity because it is important to me.
- I will do my best in school.
- I will remember that my participation in P.A.L. is an opportunity to learn and have fun.
CODE OF ETHICS PARENTS:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other youth sports event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will require that my child's coach be trained in the responsibilities of being a youth sports coach and that the coach upholds the Coaches' Code of Ethics.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for youth, not for adults.
- I will do my best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.